[Pythonmac-SIG] PIL for Python 2.4x? (Mac OS 2.4.x)

Schollnick, Benjamin Benjamin.Schollnick at xerox.com
Thu Jan 5 18:42:49 CET 2006

> Perhaps you should have asked about SplashScreen on the wxPython
> users list
> instead about PIL on the Mac Python list.
> And perhaps you should've looked at som wxPython docs, e.g. the API
> or this:

Possibly...  But....

I am not seriously researching it, and did not ask about it here...  I
am playing with some code...

As to wxPython's Splashscreen...  I was attempting to eliminate the need
for wxPython during the "boot up" phase.  So wxPython is not necessarily
a perfect fit for the splashscreen...

The application takes a few moments to start, and I want to get the
splash screen as close to beginning as possible.  That means not loading
a lot of imported modules..  WxPython seems to be just *slightly*
bulky... in that regard...

If it had been possible, PIL just displaying a JPG would have been
nice..  Since I don't use PIL, it was suprising to me that it required
Tkinter to display an image...  But in hindsight, it makes perfect
since.

We are not always perfect...

		- Benjamin