[Pythonmac-SIG] pyObjC and Plugins

Dethe Elza delza at livingcode.org
Thu Mar 1 07:24:49 CET 2007

Hi Steve,

At some point py2app went from being bundled as part of PyObjC to
being a separate install.  I think at that time there was a
requirement to uninstall the old py2app before installing the new
one.  I don't guarantee that is the solution to the problem you're
having, but it's a possibility (your problem sounds very much like
what I was facing, and this fixed it for me).  Instructions for
uninstalling (and reinstalling) py2app are here:

http://svn.pythonmac.org/py2app/py2app/trunk/doc/
index.html#uninstalling-py2app-0-2-x-or-earlier

Also, while it may help to remove older versions of and altgraph,
bdist_mpkg, macholib, modulegraph, I'm pretty sure you don't have to
install them explicitly.  They should come along as part of the
py2app install, if I recall correctly.  The link above is to the
py2app docs, so you should be able to find all the info there.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

--Dethe