[Pythonmac-SIG] Macintosh modules/Carbon/documentation

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Sat Mar 31 01:49:46 CEST 2007

On  30-Mar-2007, at 22:55 , Kevin Walzer wrote:

> Looking at the "Macintosh Library" documentation that ships with
> 2.5, I
> see a lot of outdated stuff: references to the old PythonIDE,
> PackageManager, and so on. What is the process for updating these
> docs,
> submitting a bug report, etc.?
>
> Also, there appears to be a lot of modules in the "Macintosh
> Library"--Carbon modules, generally--that are undocumented, or are
> broken, or (almost as bad) no one know if they work or not. Has anyone
> gone through these to sort out what works, what should be deprecated,
> etc.? Does it make sense to deprecate the entire Carbon module? What's
> the process for this?

I had a chat about this with Ronald a few months ago, where we
basically went through all the modules. Ronald,
do you have your notes handy?

Carbon itself should be fine. It is indeed undocumented within the
Python documentation, but the transformation from the official Apple
C documentation is pretty clear (I think).
Goldman