[Pythonmac-SIG] Please test PIL package on OS-X

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri May 2 23:09:30 CEST 2008

On May 2, 2008, at 3:31 PM, Christopher Barker wrote:

> William Kyngesburye wrote:
>> Quick import test works.
>
> good start -- could you run that test script? you pass in a *.jpg on
> the command line, and it makes a copy with a watermark printed on
> it. That tests the jpeg driver and the freetype implementation.

Kinda busy today.  Maybe this weekend.

>> Can you just dump additional packages into Contents/Packages ? Or
>> dump the mpkg into your Metapackage, or dump the two *.pkg files
>> into your Metapackage?
>
> I have no clue. Others on this list should know.

No, there is setup in the Info.plist of the mpkg.  Hacking the
info.plist could get dicey.

It may be possible to merge the sub-packages into a new distribution
package - the man page implies that it's possible, tho I haven't
figured it out yet.

>> Also, I would building be a Distribution package, not a
>> Metapackage, since I rely on the builtin Javascript requirements
>> checking.  This would limit it to Tiger+.
>
> That's 10.4, right? I'm OK with that -- do your Frameworks support
> 10.3 anyway?

Tiger = 10.4.  I stopped making my frameworks Panther (10.3)
compatible when Leopard (10.5) came out.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"History is an illusion caused by the passage of time, and time is an
illusion caused by the passage of history."

- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy