[scikit-learn] Contributing ST-DBSCAN to the clustering module

Andreas Mueller t3kcit at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 10:56:11 EDT 2018

Hi.

It looks like the paper proposes two unrelated improvements, right?
We don't really include algorithms that are specific for time-series
data or spatio-temporal data.
How does the other improvement compare against hdbscan?

There is many many different clustering algorithms out there, and I
don't think we want to implement
all of them.
It's not entirely clear to me when this algorithm improves over what we
have already.

Btw, adding a new algorithm to scikit-learn is probably not a good idea
for a first contribution, see
http://scikit-learn.org/dev/faq.html#how-can-i-contribute-to-scikit-learn

Andy