[spambayes-dev] RE: [Spambayes] How low can you go?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Dec 23 12:07:11 EST 2003

    Seth> 2) Do you recommend I start with the existing database and modify
    Seth> it, or as Skip suggested, change over to a database that doesn't
    Seth> have the multi-thread corruption problem?

That's not why I suggested MySQL or PostgreSQL.  Sure, thread safety would
be a nice side-effect, but for testing I probably wouldn't care much about
that.  I suggested them because it would be easy to experiment with
different database structures.

    Seth> 3) And finally, Skip previously suggested that I check out the CVS
    Seth> trunk.  Is that still your recommendation?

For testing, yes.

I'd also recommend you ditch the Outlook plugin for testing.  If you've ever
done any Unix programming you'll probably find cobbling stuff together much
easier without the overhead of a GUI.

Skip