[spambayes-dev] Python programming for outlook plugins & spambayes uninstall

Leon Oosterwijk leon at isdn.net
Wed Sep 10 21:47:43 EDT 2003

All,

I'm new both to python and spambayes. So far I'm impressed with both.
I've got 2 questions:

1:
I installed spambayes from source. It created the plugin just fine.
However, there is now way to remove the plugin. Can anyone shed some
light on this.

2:
I'm planning to write my own spam filter. This filter will also feature
a plugin to outlook. I'm rather new to programming plugins for outlook.
Does anyone have any good reading they can recommend? I found some
reading which talks about using VB6. it seems you need CDO and there are
tons of incompatibilities between the different versions of outlook. It
seems python would be a cleaner way to go.

The spam filter I'm trying to write is a thesis project that will
feature server-side or centralized spam filtering and a mechanism for
users to report spam (for learning) by means of a network where their
credentials are authorized by trust metrics (see raph levien's work for
more details).

Thank you .

Leon