[Spambayes] Re: [OT] New Play: SPAMELOT

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Sun Sep 21 19:08:55 EDT 2003

[William Trenker]
> I would also nominate Spambayes as Python App of the Year!

We're close enough to the end of 2003 that we had better count that vote for
2004 too <wink>.

> Spambayes certainly is a showcase of the sophistication, and
> practicality, that can be achieved using Python 'out of the box'.

Those who helped with the early development were probably most impressed by
the speed of development Python allowed:  the first implementation of
spambayes was conceived, written, and working all in one day.  It was (of
course) much simpler then, had no real email interface apart from sucking up
files containing messages, and we'll overlook that the Outlook addin
threatens to consume the rest of Mark Hammond's life.  Other than those, it
went really fast <wink>.