[Spambayes] POP3 Configuration
T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Fri Sep 26 00:54:47 EDT 2003
> I am simply trying to set up a simple POP proxy on a Windows
> XP machine, where the tray icon is available for use. I
> would like this to run automatically at windows startup, and
> be seemingly invisible.
> Could you give me a set of instructions as to how to do this?
In theory, all you need to do is this:
1. Download spambayes 1.0a6.
2. Expand the archive and open a command prompt into that directory.
3. Run "python setup.py install"
4. Run "windows/pop3proxy_service.py install"
5. Put a shortcut to "pythonw windows/pop3proxy_tray.py" into your
startup items folder.
6. Use the tray app to configure spambayes.
7. Stop spambayes.
8. Start spambayes again.
(Steps 7 and 8 are only necessary because of a bug in 1.0a6). Note that
we are currently testing a binary installer that will change the steps
1. Run the installer.
2. Use the tray app to configure spambayes.
Hopefully it shouldn't be too far off.
More information about the Spambayes