[Spambayes] Re: Cannot connect to socket with sb_bnserver.py

papaDoc papaDoc at videotron.ca
Fri Apr 16 11:27:41 EDT 2004

Hi Skip,

>Nope.  111 is the socket error message.  I don't think the telnet trick will
>work since sb_bnserver.py opens a unix domain socket.

I think I should read a little bit on socket <wink>

>sb_bnfilter.py works like a champ for me.  Are you using the latest versions
>of each (1.1 of both in the scripts directory)?  How do you have
>sb_bnfilter.py configured to run from your .procmailrc file?

I'm not there yet. I'm not running it from my procmail since I'm still
testing it. I'm using the cvs version downloaded the
2004.04.15.

>I don't know if this will help, but I did run into one problem.  When
>running sb_bnfilter.py from my .procmailrc file sb_bnserver.py was aborting
>because a different version of the Python interpreter (/usr/bin/python I
>think) was being used to run it (no spambayes directory in site-packages).
>The PATH procmail sees is pretty basic.  Even if I explicitly specified
>sb_bnfilter.py like this:
>
>    SCORE=$HOME/local/bin/sb_bnfilter.py

I was in the spambayes/script directory when I was trying to run
sb_bnfilter.py.

>sb_bnserver.py was run with /usr/bin/python.  The solution was to prepend
>$HOME/local/bin to my PATH early in my .procmailrc file:
>
>    PATH=$HOME/local/bin:$PATH

I add the path to python  to PATH and also the path to sb_bnfilter.py,
sb_bnserver.py and I still get the same error.

Where can I find the information for the error code 111 ??

Remi

--
/"\
\ /