[Spambayes] Should SpamBayes block spam?

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Jul 21 00:14:59 CEST 2004

> The messages that appear in my Outlook Express inbox do not
> seem to have any type of spam, ham or unsure marking. How can
> I create a rule to move to a folder without that marking?
> Should it show up in the inbox with some sort of
> classification since the Outlook Express client is pulling it
> from the SpamBayes host?

SpamBayes tags the messages as ham/spam/unsure as they go through the proxy.
By default, this is just done with a "X-Spambayes-Classification" header,
which works for most mail clients.  However, since Outlook Express is a
stripped down mail client (Microsoft really want you to fork out the money
for Outlook, so don't bother making Outlook Express any good), it can't work
with arbitrary headers.

As such, you need to tell SpamBayes to add the classification to either the
To or Subject header.  The options to do this are on the configuration page.
You can then create an Outlook Express rule based on that.

You might want to read FAQ 2.1:

<http://spambayes.org/faq.html#does-spambayes-work-with-outlook-express>

=Tony Meyer

---