[Spambayes] Multiple users on XP Pro Outlook 2003 using binary install of SpamBayes

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sat Mar 13 02:11:44 EST 2004

> I installed the latest binary version of SpamBayes
> (.9 I think (feb 2004)) onto an XP Pro machine running
> Outlook 2003.
> I read the troubleshooting guide on multiple users
> across one machine, and ran the command
> (regsvr32.exe /i:hkey_local_machine "c:\Program
> Files\SpamBayes\bin\outlook_addin.dll")
>
> I then got this message, (c:\Program Files\SpamBayes
> \bin\outlook_addin.dll was loaded, but the
> DllInstall entry point was not found.  This file can
> not be registered.)

Hmm.  I get this, too (with a CVS built dll).  I'm not really sure why,
though - Mark's the expert on this.  Hopefully he'll see this (hence the cc)
and bestow his genius on us all <0.5 wink>.

>  I checked the log file, it reads, (Registered:
> SpamBayes.OutlookAddin Registration complete.)  no third line
> That reads (Registration (in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE) complete.).
> I know the install works fine, because as administrator
> it is filtering my email fine.  I have a few more user
> accounts on this machine that
> I would really like to have access to this wonderful tool.

In the bin directory there should also be a file called
"outlook_addin_register.exe".  Try running this with "hkey_local_machine" as
a command line argument.  This should mimic what regsrv32 is doing, and
appears to work here (with limited testing).  The full command would be:

  > "C:\Program Files\SpamBayes\bin\outlook_addin_register.exe"
hkey_local_machine

> -=mark=- pointed me in the direction of Tony Meyer, if
> your there brother, can you help me out?

For the record, there are lots of people that read this list and give good
answers!  (Although I appreciate the implied compliment).  Actually, at the
moment I'm one of the ones that's really busy with other work, and so don't
have that much time to help on the list right now, although hopefully
that'll change after this week.  Anyway, please be sure to always direct
questions to the list (as you did) rather than to any individual, including
me, as my rather nagging signature says; it's the best way to get a quick
answer.

> Where can I send a donation to this project?

You can read information about donations here:

<http://spambayes.org/donations.html>

Note that these don't go directly to SpamBayes, but to the PSF, who
(basically) paid for the initial development on SpamBayes, and help out with
other projects.  The above page has more details.

=Tony Meyer

---