[Spambayes] SB does not see my Outlook mailbox

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue May 11 04:32:08 EDT 2004

[Sorry about the delay in replying]

> I have been using SB since .88, and a few weeks ago,
> it stopped working. I upgraded SB to 1.0b1, with no luck.
>
> Here are the details:
> My PC: Win2K sp4, loads of ram, blah blah,
> I am using Outlook 2000 SP-3 (9.0.0.6627), Corporate
> or Workgroup - Security Update (that's what the About... says)
>
> I have Outlook configured so that when it opens, there
> are three additional mailboxes that open, along with
> my personal mailbox. The other mailboxes are for various
> 'wembaster@' accounts.

Are these additional .pst files, or Exchange accounts, or ... ?

> When I launch the SB Configuration Wizard, and go to pick
> a folder, my personal Outlook mailbox (in the Outlook folder
> list, it appears to be a little multi-house-clock-calendar
> icon) does not show up as an option! The other mailboxes
> show up, but not the main one.

I suspect this means that they're Exchange stores.  There have been reported
of problems recently with using multiple Exchange accounts, but I thought
that they were all post-0.8, and they don't seem quite the same as this.

In any case, what we need to see is your log file.  The troubleshooting
guide explains where to find it.  If you could send us that, we should be
able to see where things are going wrong (and the reply should be much
quicker next time).

> I completely uninstalled and reinstalled SB. The very first
> time it ran, yes, my mailbox appeared. I proceded to let SB
> train on my sorted mail, and it said it did. However, SB never
> really ran after that. A return to the Configuration Wizard
> brought back the 'no mailbox' problem.
>
> Note: I have no way of being sure that our system folks here
> haven't done something behind the scenes to interfere with the
> normal operation of SB.

It sounds like there's some sort of trouble accessing that store.  The log
should have the details, though.

=Tony Meyer

---