[Spambayes] SpamBayes not working

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Oct 6 05:30:01 CEST 2004

> I have deleted all messages by selecting the "X" in the
> folders thinking that would make the folders empty, but I
> guess that is not solving the problem.

I'm not sure what "X" you are selecting.  What you need to do is open your
junk mail folder and delete (or move) some (or all) of the messages that are
in there.  The junk mail folder is just a regular Outlook folder, so you
deal with messages in it like you would deal with messages in any other
folder (like the Inbox, for example).  You'll be able to tell that it's
empty, because when you select it, there will be no messages listed.

Note that the "Delete as spam" button doesn't 'delete' the message as such,
it remembers the message's tokens as being representation of spam, and moves
it to the spam folder.  (In future releases, the buttons will probably be
renamed to "spam" and "not spam" to make this more clear).

> I do not know how to "restart" spambays as the pop up box suggests.

Simply restarting Outlook is probably enough.  You might need to open up the
SpamBayes Manager dialog and retick the "Enable SpamBayes" box, but I don't
think so.

=Tony Meyer

---