[Spambayes] outlook hanging on startup, spambayes processes nothing

Conlon, Joseph F SIK JConlon at SIKORSKY.COM
Fri Sep 10 20:38:43 CEST 2004

I live in a W2K corporate environment managed by CSC. They periodically and
without notice upgrade Outlook. A couple weeks ago I had an indication that
an update had been performed and it seemed thereafter that when Outllok
starts I get an hourglass for several minutes (maybe as much as five). Also,
SPAMBAYES never seems to catch anything anymore.

It is enabled in the manager. I saw the following in one of the log
files....

FAILED to add the toolbar item 'SpamBayesCommand.Manager' - (-2147352567,
'Exception occurred.', (0, None, None, None, 0, -2147467259), None)
The above toolbar message is common - recreating the toolbar...
SpamBayes - Disconnecting from Outlook
SpamBayes has processed zero messages
Addin terminating: 1 COM client and 2 COM servers exist.

Perhaps the disconnecting message occurs at shutdown. At any rate, it's not
working. What else can I check? Is there more info I can provide?

Thank you,

	Joe Conlon