[Spambayes] Error message on install sb 1.0.4 on win xp pro

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Aug 16 08:31:52 CEST 2005

> The double slashmarks in the error messages are wrong,
> of course, but I assume that they're just an artifact
> of the error reporting scheme. Possibly the messages are
> shared with the Unix version of Spambayes, in which the
> extra slashmarks may well be required.

The error messages are straight from Python, which escapes '\' in strings
(to allow '\n' to be a newline, '\t' to be a tab, etc).  SpamBayes doesn't
do any processing of the traceback.

Certainly for any filename in a traceback you can just treat the double
slashes as a single slash.

(FWIW, my only suggestion about the actual error would be the same as Bob's
- it appears that you don't have access to write to the temp directory,
which is where SpamBayes is trying to log).

=Tony.Meyer