[Texas] opinions of the Teach-In approach

Brad Allen bradallen137 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 04:03:17 CEST 2010

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 8:32 PM, Chris Austin <chris at sydneysys.com> wrote:
> I thought that the Koans was pretty effective with the beginners at the
> meeting last weekend.  I don't know if an hour or even two would be
> enough to cover it all especially if 'off track' questions come up or if
> there is a person or two that really want to delve into things.
>
> I am a little concerned about having a 'traffic jam' since most likely
> the learners will not be coming in all at once and most likely in small
> groups.  Any ideas on how long we should spend with these folks?

9am - 11am for the main Teach-In; hopefully by the end of that they
are at least started on the Koans, even if they start off working
through a different tutorial.  That way, they can continue the Koans
in the 1:30-2:30 lab session, but with only one or two tutors around
to help them (they may be helping each other by that time).