[Tkinter-discuss] Ideas for user interface to allow users to change order of ttk.Notebook pages/tabs?

python at bdurham.com python at bdurham.com
Wed Dec 15 06:30:12 CET 2010

I'm using the ttk.Notebook widget to manage a list of open files.
I create and destroy tabs as a user opens and closes files.

I would like to offer my users a way to change the order of the
notebook tabs. Ideally I would like my users to be able to drag
and drop tabs like they do in Firefox, but I can't see a way to
do this with the events exposed by the Notebook widget. Since
drag and drop is not available to us, what do you think might be
an intuitive user (Tkinter/ttk-based) interface for allowing
users to reorder their tabs?

Thanks,
Malcolm