[Tutor] Python helps defeat Code Red

dman dsh8290@rit.edu
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 13:54:27 -0400

On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 12:35:36PM -0500, Ryan Ware wrote:
| > Below is a post I clipped from the Twin Cities Linux Users Group.
| >
| > Looks like Python works very well for short hacks like that other language
| > that begins with a "p" also. :)

Cool.  I've only seen perl examples so far.  What interests me is the
possiblity of dermining the requestor's IP address from within a CGI
script.  Call the CGI script /default.ida and it will be the infected
system's fault that they ran the script :-).  You can claim that you
are generating the web page by "screen scraping" another web page (at
<ip>/scripts/root.exe of course).

-D