[Tutor] Pythoncard

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 00:49:19 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 18 Aug 2002, Stuart Robinson wrote:

> I'm having a little difficulty (import errors) getting python to see
> where PythonCardPrototype is. I'm running suse linux and Activestate
> python 2.2.
>
> WX and PythonCardPrototype are both in the same directory and I've no trouble
> getting WX apps to run. FYI my path is set in .bashrc with:
>
> 	export PATH=/usr/local/ActivePython-2.2/bin/:$PATH
>
> The resulting error when I ryun a minimal PythonCard app is:
>
> 	Import Error: no module names PythonCardPrototype

Hi Stu,

Hmmm... strange!  Let's get some more information.  Can you tell us where
WX and PythonCardPrototype are installed?  Absolute pathnames will help.

Python actually uses the 'PYTHONPATH' environmental variable to find where
more Python modules are located.  However, we don't usually need to touch
this if the modules have been installed with the standard distutils
'setup.py'.  Does anyone know if wxpython and PythonCard are
distutils-aware?

We'll probably need more details to figure out what's going on.  We'll get
to the bottom of this.  *grin*

Good luck!