[Tutor] Question about socket connections

Ashish Shrestha lists@shrestha.net.np
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 08:21:33 +0545

Rob Brown-Bayliss wrote:
> I have looked at xmlrpc, and it works fine for a server but being based
> on the socket server module is not really suitable for communication
> between gui apps, at least in my opinion.

I have done Gui apps with xmlrpc. Here's my logic.

I implement xmlrpc client and xmlrpc server in both side (client and server)

so client has a xmlrpc server + client and server has xmlrpc server+client

when the client starts it registers with the server with its url
(address and port)

i then have a two way channel for communication.

ashish
jabberid: axhixh@jabber.org