[Tutor] source code processing

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Jul 27 03:20:42 CEST 2004

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004, Dmitriy D. wrote:

> Well, yes, I'm quite new to Python though I have extensive experience
> with java. It's just the matter of "media", I prefer reading from paper
> sitting in the open air, that's it. ;) And imho there's no use writing
> numerous 'hello world' programs, some real tasks would be better for
> learning. And the task I've described, I think it should be quite
> natural for this programming language (am I wrong?). Actually this is
> the purpose I need it for. :)

Hi Dmitriy,

By source code processing, do you mean things like parsing source code
into abstract syntax trees?  If so, then you may find:

    http://theory.stanford.edu/~amitp/Yapps/

or:

    http://systems.cs.uchicago.edu/ply/

useful.  What kind of source code processing are you planning to do?

Good luck to you!