[Tutor] formatting*

ALAN GAULD alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Thu Jan 7 23:36:17 CET 2010

> I'm using Mandrake 10.1 [Linux] OS to view the internet thru Firefox.
> In my mailbox, everything is fine--my stuff formats well (and when it
> comes back to me as Tutor 'mail' it also formats correctly).
>
> The problem is over at the Tutor Archives (mail.python.org/pipermail/tutor),
> i.e., the Tutor forum site.  That's where whatever I composed formats
> out with no line wrap, and a paragraph becomes a single line,

Yes I see that. I don't use that archive I normally use gmane...

However that is probably down to whatever mail program you are
using to post with. Is it a web client or a full blown thick client mail
tool like Thunderbird?

Whichever, it probably has an option to automatically wrap sent text
and I suspect you have that turned off. A good value is usually
around 70 or 80 chars.

FWIW I have the opposite problem using gmail, it consistently wraps
my text prematurely leaving my paragraphs badly formatted. And I
can't find where to change the setting!

 HTH,

Alan G.