[XML-SIG] xmlproc and Docbook XML DTD

Marc van Grootel bwaumg@urc.tue.nl
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 14:47:55 +0200

Hi,

I just installed the newest xmlproc. I'm trying to get it to validate
with Norman Walsh's Docbook XML DTD (db3xml10.dtd).

It looks as if xmlproc has problems with some of the parameter
entities.

Right out of the box it reports:

ERROR: One of 'IGNORE' or 'INCLUDE' expected at db3xml10.dtd:32:4
TEXT: '%ISOamsa.m'

The whole parameter name is %ISOamsa.module

After removing a series of these because they were ignored anyway
it got to:

dbpoolx.mod:137:4
TEXT: '%dbpool.re'

It's whole name is dbpool.redecl.module

After replacing the section that uses this PE with IGNORE it finally
came to this traceback (only last one showed):

File "C:\Python\site\xml\parsers\xmlproc\xmlproc.py", line 897, in
parse_pe_ref
   self.report_error(3038,name)
NameError: name

It seems as if these longer PE's aren't parsed properly (I looked at
the regexps used but that seems ok).

Is there a restriction on their length?

Or is there anyone who succeeded in using this DTD unmodified?

Marc

---
Marc van Grootel
bwaumg@urc.tue.nl