[XML-SIG] clarification request about Sax/Sax2 mappings

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Wed, 9 May 2001 22:03:52 -0400 (EDT)

Lars Marius Garshol writes:
 > You are right about that, but SAX makes it clear that you must
 > consistently use either startElement or startElementNS, so this is a
 > SAX 2.0 issue more than a DOM issue. I wouldn't get too upset if the
 > DOM doesn't check this, though.

  I'm not going to worry about it, either.  I think their are two
problems here:  that the Namespaces in XML specification is poorly
written and does not cover everything it should (interaction with DTDs
being a major issue in my book, though part of that may be a lack of
clarity in the text rather than the issues not having been
approached), and the conflation of NS and non-NS documents in the
DOM.
  But neither of those issues is directly related to the Python
bindings for the APIs, so I guess we've strayed a little.  ;-)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Digital Creations