[XML-SIG] Ideas for web/ package

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 20:39:18 -0700

> "Fred L. Drake, Jr." wrote:

> >  > 1) a stricter URL parser, and
> >
> > You'll have to be more specific about requirements than this!  You're
> > asking for lexical information about the URL rather than logical
> > information; I'm not sure that's even come up before.
>
> If you send out a request for comments on the Python URL parser you may
> get more requirements back. I've heard second and third-hand grumblings
> before. e.g.

> This might be what Fred fixed in 2.2, though...

Could you lot have a look at the significant work Mike Brown has put into
4Suite's UriResolver class?

See

http://cvs.4suite.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/~checkout~/4Suite/Ft/Lib/Uri.py?rev=1
.12&content-type=text/plain

I even badgered him until he caught up on the many past URI threads on this
list.

I agree that Python probably needs something in C, eventually, but at least
this is a start for something scrupulous in Python.

4735 East Walnut St, Boulder, CO 80301-2537, USA
XML strategy, XML tools (http://4Suite.org), knowledge management