[Mailman-Users] Passwords

gmelists gmelists at caffeine.sundial.net
Sun Apr 11 16:34:50 CEST 1999

I have a user who has forgotten the administrative password which was
setup for him.

Is there any way to retrieve it?

Also, as mailman-owner, is there a master-password where I can review, or
optionally make changes, to the mailing list configurations which
individual list-owners have setup?

Finally, a suggestion.  How difficult would it be to split up the database
into separate components.  One for general configuration, one for privacy
options, etc.  This would at least allow me to "lock out" any changes by
chown'ing the .db file and making it owned by root or whatever so user
mailman can't modify it; for example if I want a particular list to remain
not visibile in the listinfo either due to subject or whatever reason, and
I don't want the list-owner to accidentally set it public.