[Mailman-Users] Sending a human message to the LISTNAME-request address.

Roger Pe?a Escobio roger at infomed.sld.cu
Thu Mar 18 23:34:05 CET 1999

-----Original Message-----
From: The List Server Administrator at UNH <listadm at metaphor.unh.edu>
To: mailman-users at python.org <mailman-users at python.org>
Date: Thursday, March 18, 1999 3:53 PM
Subject: [Mailman-Users] Sending a human message to the LISTNAME-request
address.

>    In investigating the differences between Mailman and ListProc, I
>    noticed that the use of the `standard' list aliases are not the same.
>    Specifically Mailman uses the "-request" address for contacting the
>    server, while ListProc uses this address for contacting the list's
>    human admin.

ListProc uses only one -request address, I think that this is better than
have a lot of -request address (like mailman) all doing (basically) the
same., after all , the list manager is mailman, not the list in question.

*****-owner at xxxx.xxxx.xxx
I'm looking one interesting things, how could someone look all the list
running on mailman if he dont subscribe to any of them?
sending e-mail to where??
suppose that he dont know nothing about mailman and he dont have direct
access to internet, so he has only one chance: e-mail command