[Mailman-Users] help setting up mailman

Boris Goldowsky boris at infoplease.com
Fri Mar 19 21:08:56 CET 1999

I'm trying to set up mailman to run on a Solaris 2.5.1 system with sendmail
8.9.3.  The configure, build, and creation of a test mailing list worked
without errors.

However, when I send any message that tries to use the wrapper function, I
get the following error in syslog:

Mar 19 14:43:51 spaceheater sendmail[18681]: OAA18681:
   to="|/opt/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner mmtest",
   delay=00:00:00, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=prog,
   stat=Operating system error

(line breaks added for clarity)  There is no other indication that I can
find of what the error might be.  There is nothing in mailman/logs/error,
for instance.

This does not appear to be a wrong-GID issue, since when I manually execute
mail/wrapper I see a very different error message, which includes the
expected and actual group ids.

Can anyone explain this error to me?

Thanks,
Bng