[Mailman-Users] Mailman 1.0b10

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at cnri.reston.va.us
Fri Mar 26 17:46:13 CET 1999

Hi everyone,

I'm releasing Mailman 1.0b10 today; hopefully we'll have more luck
with this than b9.  I need to concentrate on other things for a while,
now that python.org seems to be smoothly running this version.  Unless
there are showstopper bugs, I would like this version to be 1.0 final,
so please do bang on it a lot.

If you do find bugs, it would be great if you can enter them into the
Jitterbug database.  See

    http://www.python.org/mailman-bugs

I know there's a lot y'all would like to see done.  Weighed against
the slippage in when I thought 1.0 final would be out, I think we have
to just be happy with what we've got for now, get it out the door, and
then begin working on improvements.  Like John said at LISA: "all
mailing list managers suck, ours just sucks less" ... hopefully :-)

Go to www.list.org to pick up the current tarball.  Note that the old
ftp URL won't work anymore.  BE SURE TO READ THE `UPGRADING' FILE FOR
IMPORTANT INFORMATION.

There's still time to vote on the logo.  Voting is closed whenever I
do the first release candidate (no date set, but SOON).

My priority for the next release will be to craft the Web pages for
gnu.org, clean up documentation, and get things ready for the mass of
new adopters (yeah!).  I can't guarantee that I'll be hacking any code
unless there's severe breakage in this tarball.

Enjoy, and thanks everyone,
-Barry