[Mailman-Users] Re: [Mailman-Developers] Mailman 1.0b10
Barry A. Warsaw
bwarsaw at cnri.reston.va.us
Fri Mar 26 17:48:12 CET 1999
Oops, here's the NEWS file entries for 1.0b10.
- New script bin/sync_members which can be used to synchronize a
list's membership against a flat (e.g. sendmail :include: style)
- bin/add_members and bin/remove_members now accept addresses on the
command line with `-' as the value for the -d and -n options.
- Added variable USE_ENVELOPE_SENDER to Defaults.py for site-wide
configuration of address matching scheme. With this variable set to
true, the envelope sender (e.g. Unix "From_" header) is used to
match addresses, otherwise the From: header is used. Envelope
sender matching seems not to work on many systems. This variable is
currently defaulted to 1, but may change to 0 for the final release.
- Reorganization of the membership management admin page. Also member
addresses are linked to their options page. Only the `General'
category has the admin password change form.
- Major reorganization of email command handling and responses.
`notmetoo' is the preferred email command instead of `norcv',
although the latter is still accepted as an argument. If more than
5 errors are found in the message, command processing is halted.
- User options page now shows the user their case-preserved subscribed
address as well.
- The usual assortment of bug fixes.
More information about the Mailman-Users