[Mailman-Users] Got milk?

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Mon Mar 13 18:54:17 CET 2000

On Mon, 13 Mar 2000 09:49:38 -0500
Tim Sailer <sailer at sailer.itd.bnl.gov> wrote:

> I can enter the password, but every time I try to submit the form,
> or change screens, it blows me back to the login screen with the
> same error message.  No messages in any of the log files for
> Mailman or the web server.

Try this:

  Delete all your lists.

  Edit /var/libe/mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py and make everything
perfect for your site, especially the hostname and default paths.

  Recreate your lists.

I can't give an reasons, just that during this weekend's fiasco I
ran into this problem, did this to fix the fact that lists were
getting created with the wrong defaults, and found that it also
handled the problem (despite the fact that I'd entered the "correct"
data into the per-list configuration).

No promises.

J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw at kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder at kanga.nu