[Mailman-Users] Got milk?

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Mon Mar 13 19:15:06 CET 2000

Quoting J C Lawrence (claw at kanga.nu):
> On Mon, 13 Mar 2000 09:49:38 -0500
> Tim Sailer <sailer at sailer.itd.bnl.gov> wrote:
>
> > I can enter the password, but every time I try to submit the form,
> > or change screens, it blows me back to the login screen with the
> > same error message.  No messages in any of the log files for
> > Mailman or the web server.
>
> Try this:
>
>   Delete all your lists.
>
>   Edit /var/libe/mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py and make everything
> perfect for your site, especially the hostname and default paths.
>
>   Recreate your lists.

Since the error message mentioned cookies, I'd do the following first:

- go into your web brower's cookie file (in Netscape on Unix, it's in
  ~/netscape/cookies) and blow away any cookies related to your site.
Possibly one of them is corrupt.

- Make sure your web browser is set up to accept cookies and you're not using
  one of those anonymizing proxies that filters out cookies.

--
Paul Tomblin <ptomblin at xcski.com>, not speaking for anybody
echo '16i[q]sa[ln0=aln100%Pln100/snlbx]sb20293A2058554E494Csnlbxq'|dc