[Mailman-Users] Excessive headers and Eudora

Colin Andrews runaway at rahul.net
Fri Aug 3 21:07:18 CEST 2001

I just moved a smallish list over from majordomo over to a mailman system at
my new web hosting service. Most of my list subscribers that use Eudora are
complaining about the excessive headers that mailman puts on messages to the
list. It seems that even with 'hide headers' on Eudora gets confused and lets
about 6 lines of header crud through into message body. In later versions of
Eudora for PC, viewing mail with the preview pane gets around this problem.

Is there any way on the list administrators side to cut down on the number of
headers that mailman adds to messages? I saw something like this on the
developer's wish list page, which makes me un-hopeful about finding a simple
solution. I haven't found any checkboxes on the admin pages that say
"remove excess crud from headers" or anything equally conspicuous.

If anyone knows about this, I'd appreciate some help.

I'm not on this mailing list so please include this e-mail in your reply.

Thanks
Colin Andrews