[Mailman-Users] getting cgi-gid right

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Wed Dec 19 02:40:59 CET 2001

At 05:24 PM 12/18/01 -0800, Jim Gottlieb wrote:
>	The expected gid of the Mailman CGI wrapper did not match the gid as
>	set by the Web server.

>confirming for me that the web server is running as group daemon, and I
>did a full reconfigure and rebuild of mailman with

I'm going to respond, although I might be wrong.  I got hung up on this,
too, and I wonder if I either got it wrong or if the INSTALL doc was

It didn't make sense that they should be setguid as the webserver process
as then they wouldn't have access.  Did I get this messed up?

> ls -l cgi-bin
total 320
-rwxr-sr-x   1 mailman  mailman     30302 Nov 26 10:27 admin
-rwxr-sr-x   1 mailman  mailman     30306 Nov 26 10:27 admindb

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley at hank.org