[Mailman-Users] something for the wish list?

Jim Trigg jtrigg at huiekin.org
Thu Jan 11 18:02:28 CET 2001

At 11:44 AM 1/11/01, Hubbard, Matt wrote:
>In the "Default.py", the lines:
>| # Private_roster == 0: anyone can see, 1: members only, 2: admin only.
>| DEFAULT_PRIVATE_ROSTER = 0
>Refers to the default setting for the option you mention, you are able to
>change the default setting for this by editing "mm_cfg.py".
>
>What I am suggesting to be a useful feature is for the site administrator to
>make a global policy so that "PRIVATE_ROSTER = 0" is not an available option
>for the list administrators.

Actually, what I think would be better than individual configuration by
option is a global option "Do not allow a list looser security than
global".  So for example if the PRIVATE_ROSTER default was set to 1 (list
members only), a list admin could set it to 2 (admin only) but not to 0
(public).  This setting would also affect things like archive access,
whether non-members can post to the list, etc.

Jim Trigg