[Mailman-Users] Update on unable to send list messages to remote addresses

Amanda arandall at auntminnie.com
Fri Jul 13 05:55:03 CEST 2001

Well, so far as I can determine ... mail to remote users from Mailman
is never even making it to qmail. That is to say, when someone posts
to the list (local or remote), qmail log shows receipt, queueing, and
delivery of all the local messages - but NOTHING for any remote
messages. Nada. Zip.

Other mail to remote users shows up in the log.

Before I discovered the depth of the meaning of the lack of that
information in the qmail log (it's very late) ... I opened a telnet
session with the mail server at AM and entered, painstakingly by hand,
line by line, the full text of a message that should be going from
Mailman to the users at AM. All the headers, everything. It went
through. So it's not the mail server at AM that's eating it, and it's
not the qmail program that's eating it.

I took a risk and put tux on the optional network so I could try mail
to remote users at domains other than auntminnie.com. Nada. Mail to
those remote users never gets to qmail either.  Local mail? Works like
a charm.

So what's the deal here? Any ideas? anyone?

=)
Amanda