[Mailman-Users] Subscriber Names

Fred H Olson fholson at tcfreenet.org
Sun Mar 4 11:50:00 CET 2001

>    Is there any way Mailman can store the user's name along with their
> email address?
>
> Is it perhaps possible to just add another field in the subscription
> part so that the administrator can get a better idea of who is
> subscribing?

Having "real names" would be very handy.  I'm just moving my list to
mailman from a Listproc server which kept real names which were supplied
as required field in the email subscribe command.  I often found them
handy in searching for a subscriber, when they forgot what address they
were subscribed at etc etc.

I note that the Mailman developers wish list includes this feature.

It would be nice to have a few custom fields as well - for example,
subscribers zip code/country code or organization name.

Fred

--
Note that MN is also the country code for Mongolia...
Fred H. Olson  fholson at cohousing.org    Minneapolis,MN   55411