[Mailman-Users] mail handling and 2.0.2

Rupa Schomaker rupa-list+mailman at rupa.com
Thu Mar 8 15:34:04 CET 2001

I just upgraded to 2.0.2 from 1.something or other.

I've noticed 2 issues that I would like clarification on.

1) logs/post sets the poster to the list owner rather than the actual
person that sent the post.  In the older version, I'd see:

Jul 07 06:50:24 2000  post to jokes from rupa at rupa.com size=1724

in the new version I see:

Mar 08 06:27:09 2001 (15673) post to jokes from jokes-admin at rupa.com, size=1944,
 success

2) I found this because the new version seems to be ignoring the
USE_ENVELOPE_SENDER directive in the mm_cfg.py.  *or* it is picking up
something else and thinking it is the envelope.  I was hopeing that
the logs/post would give me an idea but since all posts are from the
owner that isn't helping much.

Before I jump in and try to "really" figure out whats up, has anyone
seen this before and have suggestions?

I've changed nothing in the MTA, but if that is important, I'm running
postfix.