[Mailman-Users] using mailman in our product

Shannon McCormick shannon at 4charity.com
Fri Mar 9 00:26:02 CET 2001

Hi,

My name is Shannon McCormick and I am a member of the technology team @
4charity http://www.4charity.com.  We are an Application Service Provider
(ASP) for the Non-Profit industry.  We are currently developing a Email List
Management product that we will make available to our customers.  We are
interested in using Mailman as the underlying email engine for sending
messages and handling bounces.  We are building the entire user interface
and managing/storing the list, message  and user information ourselves.  We
will be charging our customers by some metric to use our product.  What
license is Mailman covered by (I believe it is the GNU GPL)?  Does Mailman's
license allow it to be used in this capacity?

Thank you, Shannon

Shannon McCormick
4charity.com
55 Merchant Street, Suite 2028