[Mailman-Users] Howto Configure Announcement list

Ron Rosson insane at oneinsane.net
Fri Mar 9 00:29:49 CET 2001

Definately sounds like something that would be needed.. I wonder if it
is planned for the alpha.

TIA

* Orion (Steve Pirk) (orion at deathcon.com) [010308 15:09]:
> I just tried to set one up... You are right, there does not seem to
> be any "good" options for doing announce only.
>
> Here is one possibility, under "Details" of addresses of members accepted
> for posting (field below "restrict posting to members"):
>
> o If member_posting_only is 'yes', then entries added here will have
>   posting privilege in addition to list members.
> o If member_posting_only is 'no', then only the posters listed here will
>   be able to post without admin approval.
>
> Put the admin's e-mail in this box, and set member posting to "no".
>
> On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Ron Rosson wrote:
>
> > * Nick Albright (nick at v-space.org) [010308 13:39]:

> > >   My first guess would be to change the privacy options to "Post must be
> > > approved by Moderator" and "Restrict posting to list members".
> > >
> > >   Just putting that out there, :)
> >

> > Then the owner of the list is going to get a ton of messages for
> > administrative requests.

Ron Rosson          			      ... and a UNIX user said ...
The InSaNe One                 			      rm -rf *
insane at oneinsane.net     	            and all was /dev/null and *void()