[Mailman-Users] Capitalization request

Andrew Jones jones at engineous.com
Fri Mar 9 14:00:06 CET 2001

To Whom it May Concern:
	I was hoping to be able to provide a patch that would solve my problem
(i'm sure it's an easy fix), but i am bogged down in everything else, not least
of which is sendmail.
	The company i work for may be using Mailman in the near future for a
mailing list for users of our software. Our product name is iSIGHT, and the list
is supposed to be called isight-users at engineous.com. I have already set Mailman
up; we are simply waiting on approval from upperlevel management. One comment
that was made was that "iSIGHT" should appear consistantly with that
capitalization. I would say that EVERY component of Mailman should be
case-preserving, but not case sensitive. isight-users as opposed to iSIGHT-users
is perfectly acceptable, because people are used to seeing e-mail addresses in
lowercase. However, when customers visit the Mailman pages for our list and see
Isight-users as the name of the list, that is decidedly uncool. This appears to
have resulted from the initial setup of the list, when Mailman capitalized the
"i". Changing it back (or even to iSIGHT) from the administration Web page works
as hoped. I hope i have made my problem clear.
	Thank You for Your work on an excellent product. I was impressed by the
quick response to the recent discovery of a minor security hole, and i was also
impressed by how minor the security hole is. (Perhaps it is not minor for some
sites, but our company is small, and we trust the list administrator-to-be.)

				Sincerely,
				Andrew Jones
				Assistant System Administrator
				Andrew.Jones at engineous.com