[Mailman-Users] Stripping Attachments, HTML, Message sizes including attachments

alex wetmore alex at phred.org
Thu Mar 15 03:16:06 CET 2001

On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, Steve Hasz wrote:
> 1.  Is it possible to strip attachments from messages or not allow them?

My filter at http://www.phred.org/~alex/stripmime.html does this.  At
the bottom of the webpage are links to some other similar scripts.

> 2.  Barring that, I see I can limit the size of messages, but only the size
> of the text body.  My list received two attachments today that were ~1Meg in
> size.  Is there a way to limit the size of the attachments allowed?  I
> currently have the text size set at 70K.

Attachments should be included in the text body size.  Did you somehow
disable this?

> 3.  I'm sure the digest subscribers to my list are pissed off about the 1
> meg attachments, since they get everything in plain text format.  Is there a
> way to strip out all HTML from messages so they are delivered as plain text.

stripmime does this as well.

> As a side note, I tried searching as recommended by the faq, but I couldn't
> get any results to come up.  I prefer searching past archives to posting to
> a list.  I looked in the archives, but downloading 26 Meg seemed formidable.

You can search the archives at http://www.python.org.

alex