[Mailman-Users] Can I install Mailman on a hosted site

Fern Engle padma at bodhipines.com
Mon Sep 10 07:05:03 CEST 2001

Hi,

Mailman looks like a great mailing list program.  I am working with a friend who currently has a web site hosted by Prohosting.com.  She runs a mailing list from it using EZMLM which is provided by prohosting.  The list has nearly 550 subscribers and generates 100-200 posts a day.

After reading the install procedures for Mailman I have to admit that I am not quite up to dealing with the install.  I am guessing but I would say I am at an intermediate level of ability when it comes to installing various CGI or PHP scripts.  "Cron" has no meaning to me, alas!

I do apologize for my ineptitude, but is there any way we can use the Mailman software even though the site and mailing list is hosted by Prohosting.com?

Thank you for your kind and patience indulgence!

Fern Engle