OFFTOPIC Re: [Mailman-Users] Archive URL in postings (2.1b3)

G. Armour Van Horn vanhorn at whidbey.com
Tue Oct 29 19:24:14 CET 2002

Gosh, I get a lot of mail here that doesn't have anything resembling a List-ID
header, and I don't recall every seeing the filter settings for my mail software
(Eudora and NS Messenger) that offered to filter on that header, so I can't
accept your contention that filtering on other fields is "incorrect."

That is the same as my saying that the nickname derived from Charles is "Chuck"
and that "Chuq" is wrong.

Van

Chuq Von Rospach wrote:

> On Tuesday, October 29, 2002, at 07:20  AM, Jeremy Portzer wrote:
>
> > alerting people clearly.  Obviously it's screwing up many people's
> > filters.
>
> then your filters were set up wrong. You sohuld have been filtering on
> List-ID all along, since that's what it's there for. Filtering on
> to/from is incorrect, so saying we shouldn't break it is also incorrect.
>
> --

Sign up now for Quotes of the Day, a handful of quotations
on a theme delivered every morning.
Enlightenment! Daily, for free!
mailto:twisted at whidbey.com?subject=Subscribe_QOTD

For web hosting and maintenance,