[Mailman-Users] Mailman + htDig

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Sat Aug 9 17:06:49 CEST 2003

Ok.. I think I know what I did.. I didn't restart the qrunner.  As I
wrote the previous email to you, I realized that I had _thought_ about
restarting the qrunner, but didn't.  I went through the whole process again:
o Edit mm_cfg.py to set USE_HTDIR=1
o python -c 'from compileall import *;
compile_dir("<prefix>/Mailman",10,"<prefix>/Mailman")'
o /etc/init.d/mailmanctrl restart
o bin/rmlist test
o bin/newlist test
o bin/arch test
o Entered additional recipients via the web interface.
o Sent a test message to the test list
o /usr/bin/python -S <prefix>/cron/nightly_htdig -v test  (it complained
about not having the centralized db files, but that seemed ok)
o Pointed my browser at the test archives, and viola!  The search
ability was there!  And searching worked!

I'm not sure if it was the fact that I recompiled the mm_cfg.py file or
restarting the qrunner which started things working, though.

Now, I just have to go through and migrate the existing lists. :)
Hopefully, that won't be too difficult. :)

Thanks for all of your help!
-Rich