[Mailman-Users] virtual domain complete suppression

burton rosenberg burt at cs.miami.edu
Fri Dec 12 15:11:01 CET 2003

I am installing Mailman for the Dept of Comp Sci, Univ of Miami.

It is running on a FreeBSD machine named sherman, and we have a
Internally sherman is,  but for access beyond the firewall
it is also The PIX firewall does the address translation.

I also make public the pseudo-name i-sherman with IP When
the Mailman http tools remotely, I set up an ssh tunnel into the
department and
refer to the web server by i-sherman. Mailman however distinguished
sherman and i-sherman. I think this is called virtual domains and I
use the web interface as I would like.

I would like that Mailman treat sherman and i-sherman as complete
as aliases.

Is there an option?