[Mailman-Users] problem after upgrading to 2.1

Scott R. Every scott at blast.com
Thu Feb 6 05:10:36 CET 2003

--On Wednesday, February 5, 2003 10:41 PM -0500 Jon Carnes <jonc at nc.rr.com>
wrote:

> I suggest that you need to check the configuration of the file
> (~mailman/bin/check_db). I believe the error indicates that while

this was done for both the original db and the newly imported db created
from the list_members program in 2.0.x.  Both checked out OK.

> reading the config.pck file (and dumping out the member names) that it
> found values that are not Ascii.

How would one go about tracking this down?  i cannot really view the list
with the list_member tool and the web access is far too slow to be of use.

any python wizards out there who could shed more light on the error below?

> The list is large enough that you could have had a problem in the
> upgrade.
>
> Good Luck - Jon Carnes

Thanks for the advice.