[Mailman-Users] Bundle Htdig with Pipermail? -was- How to delete messages from private archives

Matthew Davis matthew.davis at dogpound.vnet.net
Tue Jan 28 03:12:14 CET 2003

* Jon Carnes (jonc at nc.rr.com) wrote:
> Is there a reason you wouldn't want to simply include Htdig as part of
> the "out of the box" install?

My concern is the size of the package.

-rw-rw-r--    1 mailman2 mailman2  5466939 Dec 30 23:55 mailman-2.1.tgz

Thats a good chunk, and adding htdig (tarball for 3.1.6 is 2 meg) would up
the package size to roughly 7-8 meg.  Considering I'm just a lowly dial-up
56k constant connection server (theres no plans of broadband where I live,
way too far in the NC sticks), puts me as a minority I know.  Just a

Matthew Davis

Misfortune: The kind of fortune that never misses.