[Mailman-Users] archive and .htaccess

Justin Georgeson jgeorgeson at unboundtech.com
Wed Jan 29 05:41:20 CET 2003

I have the 2.1-7 RPM from RedHat's Rawhide installed on RedHat 7.3, with
Postfix 1.7 (the RedHat 7.3 RPM, with some minor tweaks). It's mostly
working. I have a test list created with members subscribed, but the
archive doesn't seem to be working. From
https://server/mailman/listinfo/list/, I click the archive link, which
takes me to https://server/pipermail/list/ and I get back a 404 from the
web server. I have the Alias defined in my Apache config.
/var/mailman/archives/public/list[.mbox] is a symlink to the
corresponding file in the private archive folder. I think it's a problem
with either the Apache config (directory index diabled?) or file

I want to have the mailman site 'protected' with a username/password,
but am not sure where the .htaccess file should go to do this.

Justin Georgeson
UnBound Technologies, Inc.
Main   713.329.9330
Fax    713.460.4051
Mobile 512.789.1962

5295 Hollister Road
Houston, TX 77040
Real Applications using Real Wireless Intelligence(tm)